Digital Product Designer for Product Innovation Company
Design isn’t "work" to you. You’re driven to learn more, to research in depth, and to solve highly complex problems - all in a context of product and experience design. You want to understand what motivates the person that has an opposite opinion from you. You’re organized and understand the value of good project planning, prioritization and coordination. You geek out over products that improve people's lives. You really do want to change the world, no matter how cliche that sounds.
At Dialexa product designers design products. Whether it is a fun social application, a utility, a life changing medical monitoring application, or a consumer electronic device, as a product designer you will agonize over the important details. Ease of use, adoption curve, and aesthetics are your key drivers. Your goal is to create positive experiences while meeting client objectives and timelines. Experience designers play a role throughout the lifecycle of a product’s development. Depending on the product this could include: product research, interaction design, visual design, industrial design, and front-end development.
Dialexa is expanding and growing our reputation for high quality end-to-end technology product development. We develop for a wide array of technology platforms and frameworks including mobile, web, Internet of Things (IoT), wearables, and embedded devices. We have an awesome culture that includes perks such as catered lunch everyday, snack bar and drinks according to your requests, fun quarterly team outings, startup swag, healthcare benefits, PTO, discounts for gym, travel, and mobile carrier, and relocation package (if you have to move to Dallas). To learn more about Dialexa, please visit www.dialexa.com
Things that will excite you as you design new products and experiences for our clients:
- A challenging environment that requires collaborative problem solving.
- Learning something new every day, but understanding that new doesn’t always mean better.
- Participating in project discovery sessions
- Creating design research plans and executing and synthesizing research via various methods.
- Developing key design documents such as personas, user flows, wireframes, prototypes and visual design concepts
- Presenting, discussing, advocating and iterating your work with engineering team and client.
Expectations (the more the better - we want great talent!)
- A portfolio of UI design, Wireframes, and sketches that you can present. (required)
- A deep understanding of design principles, user interfaces and usability especially in relationship to product and experience design.
- Experience using modern design and prototyping tools (Adobe CS, Sketch, InVision).
- A general understanding of the latest technological developments in web development like HTML5, CSS3, SVG.
- Located in, or willing to relocate to, the Dallas-Fort Worth area.